Invisalign aligners are one of the best options to correct your bite and straighten your teeth if you are wanting a more discreet solution.
But, no matter how easy they are to use every day, Invisalign cleaning is something you need to take extra care of. Here are seven quick Invisalign care tips for you.
How to Care For Your Invisalign?
- Make sure to brush your aligners twice a day. Not cleaning them means that plaque will eventually form in the aligners, so in order to care for your Invisalign you need to gently brush them every morning and evening with toothpaste and a soft toothbrush. This ensures that the remaining bacteria are washed off your aligner.
- We recommend soaking your aligners in cleaning crystals. Invisalign cleaning crystals are used to get rid of foul odours, bacteria buildup, and staining from your trays.
- When you’re not wearing your Invisalign, always keep the aligners in their case. If you don’t store your Invisalign in a safe place, you not only risk getting them damaged or losing them but they can also develop bacteria.
- Never use heat to disinfect your Invisalign. Disinfecting things with hot water is a common practice, but disinfecting your aligners with hot water will only damage them. They can soften and change shape due to the extreme heat, so you won’t be able to use them. Instead of boiling water, use warm water to rinse and clean them.
- If you find any rough edges or cracking on your Invisalign do not ignore. Cracking of Invisalign is not common. These cracks could develop from accidentally eating while wearing them or taking them out repeatedly, so if you notice anything make sure to contact us straight away.
- Always remove your aligners with care. Caring for your Invisalign also means placing and removing them properly. Be gentle while removing your aligners, as you do not want to risk damaging them or hurting your gums.
- Make sure to rinse your Invisalign regularly. Every time you take your aligners out, rinse them with tap water as this is enough to clean them and get rid of any bacteria build up. Then, before putting them back in, rinse your mouth so that you get rid of any food particles in your mouth.
Why not book a free consultation with one of our orthodontists to see whether you’re eligible for Invisalign treatment. Contact us today by calling 0161 622 0987.
Follow us on social media for more updates!
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/oldhamorthodontics/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/OldhamOrthodontics
Twitter - https://twitter.com/OrthoOldham