Knowing what your teen wants can sometimes be difficult, but all you can do is the best for them. We get asked a lot of questions about teens getting braces so we thought we would compile them into a list with answers.
- Why choose Invisalign® braces for your teen?
There are many benefits to Invisalign® braces:
- They are virtually invisible
- They can be taken out to eat, drink, brush your teeth, and floss.
- Follow-up visits are fewer as compared to conventional braces.
- They are more comfortable because of the removable plastic aligners.
- At what age can my teen get Invisalign®?
If your teen has permanent teeth then they will be suitable for Invisalign® braces.
- How does Invisalign® for teens work?
This works the same way regular Invisalign® works. You teen will have a series of custom-made aligners made which will need to be changed every two weeks.
- What happens if my teen loses an aligner?
If your teen loses an aligner you need to get in contact with our practice straight away. You may be able to get another aligner or there may be a chance that you will be able to go straight to the next set of aligners a little ahead of schedule.
- How many hours does my teen need to wear aligners?
To ensure your teen gets the most success out of their Invisalign braces we recommend that they wear them for at least 22 hours a day. This is because the success rate of Invisalign® braces is based on how long you wear them.
Your teen will be able to remove their aligners during meals and for brushing teeth morning and night.
- Will the treatment be painful for my teen?
Invisalign® braces should be milder and gentler than traditional braces for your teen. As they move their teeth gradually through the series of retainers. If they do experience any pain you can give them some over-the-counter painkillers to help the pain subside.
- What is the treatment period for Invisalign® for my teen?
Every patient is different when it comes to treatment length for braces. The average time for Invisalign treatment ranges from 6 to 15 months. Your orthodontist will be able to give you a much more accurate length of time.
- Can my teen eat or drink anything while wearing Invisalign®?
We strongly recommend that your teen removes the Invisalign brace while eating or drinking. This is to ensure that it doesn’t get damaged and nothing prevents treatment time.
If your teen is ready for Invisalign braces make sure to book an appointment today at Oldham Orthodontics.
Our team of expert Orthodontics are dedicated to providing exceptional care and treatment so that your teen can enjoy a healthy and perfect smile. Call to book your appointment now on 0161 622 0987.
Follow us on social media for more updates!
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/oldhamorthodontics/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/OldhamOrthodontics
Twitter - https://twitter.com/OrthoOldham