Braces are not just for children, adults can wear braces as well to correct their smile.
Adult orthodontics is not purely for aesthetic reasons, it is also necessary for correcting misaligned teeth which are more difficult to clean, making you more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disease as you get older.
Here are some things to know before getting braces as an adult:
- Adult braces need to be worn for a longer period of time, this can range from as long as 18 months to 3 years.
- There are various options for braces including: metal braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces and Invisalign.
- Making time to visit your orthodontist is incredibly important for the progress of your brace treatment.
- There will be a lot of foods that you need to avoid when having orthodontic treatment. If you decide to have Invisalign it may be easier for you as you can remove them when you are eating.
- Now is the time to really work on your oral hygiene routine if you feel that you're currently slacking. When you have braces you need to make sure that you brush after every meal and use floss to remove any food that may have become stuck.
No matter what age you are, getting braces is so important for your health. Not only will you have a happy and healthy smile but braces will help to correct spaces between teeth and avoid dental problems like dental plaque, cavities, or gum disease.
Get in touch with us at Oldham Orthodontics today to enquire about getting braces. Our team of expert Orthodontics are dedicated to providing exceptional care and treatment so that you enjoy a healthy and perfect smile. Call to book your appointment now on 0161 622 0987.
Follow us on social media for more updates!
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/oldhamorthodontics/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/OldhamOrthodontics
Twitter - https://twitter.com/OrthoOldham