As we approach the summer, you might start forgetting about your braces. After all, you want to spend time with your friends and enjoy the sunny weather. But neglecting your braces at any stage can impact your treatment.
So let’s take care of your braces all year round! Follow our advice below and be one step closer to the smile of your dreams.
Oral Hygiene Care Kit
If you really want to look after your braces then you may want to carry a small kit of essentials with you when you’re away from home.
- A small compact mirror
- Mouthwash and toothpaste (travel-size!)
- Orthodontic rubber bands (if you have them)
- Orthodontic wax in case your brace starts causing you discomfort
- Dental floss
Keeping these essentials in a small zippable bag is the best way to prevent losing or misplacing things. And the smaller the bag, the easier it is to take it with you anywhere you go!
Food and Drinks to avoid
We all love to indulge in our favourite snacks during the summer time, but there are still some treats you should try to avoid.
- Bubble gum & chewing gum can get caught in your wire and is a pain to get out
- Whole fruits like apples. If you really want to snack on these make sure to cut them up first
- Sticky foods or chewy sweets
- Hard sweets can be tough on your braces and could cause some damage
- Hard foods such as nuts
If you do damage or break your braces from eating something, don’t panic. You can ring us and schedule an emergency appointment to see your orthodontist and we can get it fixed for you right away!
Schedule an Appointment
Whatever your plans are for summer, our team at Oldham Orthodontics will be there to support you on your orthodontic journey. So if you still come across some problems, or want a regular check up, rest assured we can help and get you back on track. Just call us on 0161 768 0931 to book your next appointment.
Interested to find out more about Orthodontic treatment and appliances? Why not visit our treatments page to read about what kind of braces we offer and how we can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.