Choosing a brace can be a difficult decision, especially if you have no knowledge in the field of Orthodontics - that is why we're here to help! So in this blog, we will discuss two types of braces that we offer and determine which one is the best by discussing their benefits.
Metal braces are an appliance attached to your teeth with metal brackets and wires. They work by applying pressure to the teeth in order for them to move into place. So, what are the benefits?
- They cannot be lost as they are fixed to your teeth, allowing only your dentist to remove them,
- They work quickly, unlike removable appliances they are always on your teeth,
- They are the cheapest brace available,
- They can fix almost all Orthodontic complaints, even those which are more severe.
- They are less likely to break than weaker plastic appliances,
- They are less prone to discolouration, unlike ceramic braces that can easily stain.
Ceramic braces are extremely similar to metal braces however instead of the wires being fitted to metal brackets, they use tooth-coloured brackets and wires. The way they work, however, is exactly the same as the metal braces. Read their benefits to find out why they are more desirable compared to the metal brace.
- The tooth-coloured brackets blend in with the colour of your teeth, creating a discreet look,
- They are one of the more reasonably priced appliances available,
- They straighten your teeth quickly,
- They don’t damage the enamel on your teeth,
- Unlike metal braces, ceramics can’t be seen in photos so you can feel free to smile away.
Overall, both metal braces and ceramic braces are very effective in straightening your teeth. Which is best? It’s up to you, whether you prefer a discreet brace or not.
If you’re interested in choosing either metal or ceramic braces, then get in touch with us to book a consultation!