We get a lot of inquiries from people asking which type of brace treatment is the best. A lot of our patients opt for hidden braces as they don’t want people to know they have braces. Here at Oldham Orthodontics, we have many types of hidden braces from removable to fixed braces, but in today's blog, we’re going to discuss the benefits of our clear braces.
Clarity™ Ceramic Braces
Clarity™ is one of the brands of ceramic braces that we have available at our practice; they are translucent tooth-coloured braces. They straighten the teeth in the same way as metal braces, the only difference is that the brace is almost invisible. Below we’ve listed the benefits that come from having Clarity™ ceramic braces.
- As some people can be allergic to nickel and chrome, which can be used to make regular metal braces, ceramic braces can be a good option.
- While they still use metal wire, they are less visible than metal braces. This is because the wire and brackets are clear or tooth-coloured.
- They work fast to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted. In comparison to our other clear brace Invisalign®, the treatment time is much shorter.
- They are stronger than traditional braces, which makes them less likely to become detached from your teeth.
- They are a comfortable appliance as their brackets have smaller smooth, rounded corners. This makes them less likely to irritate your cheeks and gums.
Invisalign® Clear Braces
Invisalign® is our chosen brand of removable clear braces. Due to them being invisible, these aligners are very popular among our patients. While they are not permanently fitted to your teeth, they do create straight smiles. You can see the benefits below.
- Your teeth can be easily cleaned when you are having Invisalign® treatment. As the aligners need to be removed while you’re eating and brushing your teeth, there is no risk of food becoming trapped inside them.
- They come with a case so you can store them in a safe place when you are not wearing them.
- They are a comfortable appliance as they are less likely to irritate your cheeks and gums. You won’t be wearing them when you eat, so the pressure of eating won’t cause discomfort. You also don’t need to watch what you are eating.
- Invisalign® treatment requires fewer trips to the Orthodontist. Unlike regular metal braces which need to be tightened by your Orthodontist, you change your Invisalign trays yourself when a tighter fitted appliance is required.
Like the sound of clear braces? Why not give us a call on 0161 768 0931 and book a consultation with one of our specialist Orthodontists who will be able to suggest which brace is best for you.