Do you have any New Year’s resolutions? Are they to straighten your teeth? Or what about having a nice white smile before the end of the year? If your New Year’s goal is one of the above then we may be able to help. Read on to learn more.
At Oldham Orthodontics, we offer a range of braces that are guaranteed to change your smile this year for the better. We have lots of braces to choose so finding the perfect appliance for you is simple. All you’ll need to do is contact us and book a consultation where one of our specialist Orthodontists will talk you through our braces.
The braces we have available are:
- Metal braces, also known as a train-track brace, are the quickest and most effective brace on the market,
- Ceramic braces, which are similar to metal braces but use a clear bracket and wire to make them hidden,
- Invisalign clear removable aligners are a very popular option again for patients that may prefer to keep their Orthodontic treatment concealed,
- Lingual braces are another hidden brace that is slightly different from the rest. Instead of being visible on the front of the teeth, they are fixed to the backs instead,
- Functional braces or twin block braces are used only by younger patients as it helps improve the growth of the jaw.
We’ve had many patients come to us to ask about teeth whitening as they want to achieve a bright smile. At Oldham Orthodontics, we offer teeth whitening trays that can give you the white smile you’ve always wanted. To enquire, make sure you contact us on 0161 768 0931 and ask to book a consultation, or alternatively, you can fill out a contact form here.
Improving your smile isn’t just about straightening or whitening, it’s about making sure you maintain an effective oral hygiene routine and have regular check-ups with your dentist. Brushing your teeth at least twice a day is a must as it helps prevent you from developing tooth decay. Check out these tips to help you clean your teeth.
Tip 1: Brush outside and inside your teeth. It’s important you brush the front of your teeth and the backs too. Make sure you angle your toothbrush when brushing the backs of your teeth and use interdental brushes in places you can’t reach with a regular brush to ensure you remove all bacteria from your teeth.
Tip 2: Use a gentle circular motion when brushing. Scrubbing at your teeth too hard will wear down your enamel and cause problems such as tooth sensitivity. You can prevent this by using a soft-bristled brush and brushing gently for two minutes.
Tip 3: Use fluoride toothpaste as it will help strengthen your tooth’s enamel and prevent cavities and tooth decay. Make sure you ask your dentist before you change your toothpaste though, just to make sure it is safe.
If you are interested in having brace treatment with us or want to know a bit more about oral hygiene then make sure you contact us today.