When looking for a teeth straightening method, you may have come across a few options as there are many available on the market. As well as the classic style of traditional brace and removable braces, there is an appliance called Incognito. In this blog, we will talk more about what they are and what benefits they have.
What are Incognito Braces?
Incognito is a brand of lingual braces, appliances that are fixed to the backs of your teeth. The brackets and wires are made of gold coloured metal, different compared to traditional braces. Creating a modern alternative to conventional braces, Incognito is totally discreet so only you know about them. There are two variations of this lingual brace; Incognito and Incognito Lite.
What’s the difference between the two?
Usual Incognito braces are attached to the inside of all your teeth, commonly used to fix the more complex bites. Incognito Lite, however, are only fitted to the backs of just your front teeth. They are used when only a few teeth need to be moved. There are no other differences in appearance and straightening ability.
What advantages do they have?
Now that you know a bit about the braces I’m sure you’re very eager to learn their advantages and why you should be using them to straighten your teeth. So here you go:
- Lingual braces are extremely discreet, so even if you told someone you have braces they may not be able to tell,
- They are permanently fixed to your teeth and will always be working. Unlike Invisalign which are removable,
- They can fix many different types of dental problems including; crowding, spacing, malocclusions and types of bite,
- Unlike traditional braces, Incognito lingual braces make your oral hygiene routine much easier as there are fewer places for food to get stuck,
- If you’re a musician then you’re in luck, with the appliance fitted to the back of your teeth, playing you’re trumpet or flute will be so much easier.
So now you know the advantages of Incognito braces. We hope this has helped your decision on the right appliance to choose! If it did, why not give us a call to book a consultation.